The British and French governments have formalized a statement of purpose concerning the deployment of troops in Ukraine in the event a ceasefire be made with Moscow, the UK Prime Minister, Starmer, has stated.
After talks with Ukraine's allies in Paris, he said that the allies would "set up military hubs in various parts of Ukraine and erect protected structures for weapons and defense matériel" to prevent any subsequent invasion.
The coalition members also proposed that the US would play the primary role in verifying a ceasefire.
The Kremlin has consistently cautioned that any non-Ukrainian military in Ukraine would be considered a "legitimate target", but has not yet commented on this latest announcement.
Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a comprehensive attack of Ukraine in the start of last year, and Russian forces at this time controls approximately 20% of Ukraine's sovereign soil.
"This is a vital part of our vow to stand with Ukraine for the long-term," commented Starmer.
National leaders and top officials from the "Coalition of the Willing" took part in Tuesday's talks.
Addressing reporters at a shared media briefing, he noted: "It establishes the framework for the operational parameters under which allied and coalition forces could work on Ukraine's territory, securing Ukraine's airspace and waters, and rebuilding Ukraine's military for the future."
The UK prime minister went on to say that the UK would participate in any US-led monitoring of a prospective ceasefire.
Top US negotiator Steve Witkoff remarked that "durable safety pledges and robust economic promises are essential to a enduring ceasefire" in Ukraine – alluding to a major demand made by Kyiv.
Witkoff indicated the allies had "mostly completed" their work on finalizing such assurances "in order that the citizens of Ukraine know that when this conflict ends, it ends for good."
Jared Kushner, US President Donald Trump's special envoy, also participated in the talks.
Meanwhile, France's leader Emmanuel Macron stated that Ukraine's allies had made "considerable advances" at the negotiations.
He noted that "strong" security guarantees for Ukraine had been reached in the instance of a possible truce.
Ukraine's leader Volodymyr Zelensky said that a "huge advance" had been made in the talks, but added that he would only consider efforts to be "sufficient" if they resulted in the conclusion of the conflict.
Recently, he said a peace deal was "largely prepared". Agreeing on the outstanding 10% would "determine the outcome of the agreement, the fate of Ukraine and Europe".
Moscow currently controls approximately 75% of the Donetsk oblast and around 99% of the adjacent Luhansk region. The areas form the industrial region of the Donbas.
The earlier US-led comprehensive framework that was widely leaked to the media last year was perceived by Kyiv and its partners in Europe as being disproportionately favorable in Moscow's favor.
This led to a period of intensive negotiations – with the involved parties trying to amend the document.
Recently, The Ukrainian government presented the US an new framework – as well as additional documents outlining prospective defense assurances and arrangements for Ukraine's rebuilding, the President stated.
A tech journalist and gaming enthusiast with over a decade of experience covering digital trends and innovations.